DIPLOMA IN FOOD TECHNOLOGY
Food Science and Technology is a multidisciplinary field consisting of study of selection, packaging, preservation, processing, distribution, and use of safe, nutritious, and wholesome food. Diploma in Food Technology’ empowers the students with knowledge and skills required for quality control and research & development in food industries. Throughout the course students will discover the world of food – from raw materials to ingredients, processes and packaging to finished consumer products! As a food technologist, they can play an important role in making foods more appealing yet healthier and safer!
- To understand Nature and Composition of Food.
- To study the changes occurring in food during Preparation, Processing & Storage.
- To learn and innovate the Ideal methods of food Preparation, Processing, Storage also to conserve the nutritive values of food products.
- Understanding and solving the problems of developing a safe, healthy, and nutritious food.
- Testing the quality and safety of food products.
- Inventing novel products using new ingredients.
- Designing processes.
- To maintain the quality and safety of food
- To learn to avoid Food wastage and minimize its cost
DURATION: 2 Years Full Time
ELIGIBILITY: 10th Std or 12th Std with 50% Marks
- Food technologist
- Lab technician
- Nutritional therapist
- Research assistant
- Quality inspector
- Food preservative technician
SALARY RANGES: 2 Lacs to 8 Lacs
No of Seats: 50
Department of Agriculture
Magme College of Agriculture and Tech